If you're a ClickBank vendor promoting a product via ClickBank's system, one of many points that you must rigorously take into consideration is thanks web page safety. The motive for this, is that if you don't, others might benefit from weaknesses in your safety to obtain or share your product with out authorization – which can minimize into your gross sales and earnings.
Some folks say that you shouldn't fear about piracy, since pirates would by no means purchase your product anyway. My personal private expertise and opinion differs nevertheless. I imagine that there are after all some hardcore pirates who would by no means pay (and correspondingly there are numerous sincere individuals who will all the time for a legit copy of product), however I additionally imagine that there are numerous folks within the center – individuals who will pirate if piracy is handy and simple, however who would pay if that could be a higher different.
Basically the best way that ClickBank's vendor system (after ClickBank's current modifications, that is now often called “ClickBank DIY”) works is kind of easy:
1. One the shopper visits a “Pitch Page” in your web site that describes your product.
2. When they're prepared to purchase, the shopper clicks the cost hyperlink on the pitch web page.
3. The buyer is then directed to ClickBank's safe order type (ClickBank acts because the retailer for the product)
4. After the shopper pays via the safe order type, they're then despatched again to a web page in your web site, often called your “Thank You Page”, the place you possibly can thank the shopper for buying the product, and supply them directions for downloading.
The great thing about this method is that it is rather simple to arrange and get began – even comparatively inexperienced site owners can arrange a product gross sales web site with only a few hours work. However, the weak spot of following the straightforward and naive strategy to organising on this approach is that the Thank You Page URL (utilized in step 4) is mainly the identical for everyone. This means the URL of the Thank You web page might be shared with out your permission!
You may discover the Thank You URL getting emailed round between mates eager to obtain your product, posted on file sharing boards, and even getting listed by serps. In the latter case, folks discovering your web site in a search engine, may even end-up going to your Thank You web page and downloading your product with out even realizing that they have been speculated to pay! ClickBank suggests including noindex metatag to the Thank You web page which can assist a bit within the case of these serps which take note of metatags (not all of them), however it's essential to do fairly a bit extra if you wish to cease the opposite sorts of sharing.
Basically the answer is to make use of a script in your server which generates a singular Thank You Page for every buyer. The goal of that is that entry to that Thank You Page is restricted – in order that after the shopper has completed utilizing it, that specific Thank You Page cannot be used repeatedly by different folks to entry the identical product(s) with out permission.
A very good resolution to this drawback would additionally defend the downloadable recordsdata (ZIP recordsdata, EXE recordsdata, PDF recordsdata, and so on.) linked from the Thank You Page. This is so folks cannot bypass the Thank You web page and hyperlink on to the downloads in your server.
Of course, you need all this to be clear to your legit clients – a safety resolution that causes them problem is the very last thing that you really want! In reality, a very good Thank You Page resolution, which truly improve your buyer's expertise, and might even provide help to scale back refunds and charge-backs:
1. It will allow you to, the seller, to design your Thank You Page to look precisely the way you need it – so that you could supply your clients the perfect expertise potential (quite than making you utilize solely pre-made templates, and so on.).
2. It will will let you generate a personalised Thank You Page for every of your clients containing their data – corresponding to their title, the time they bought, their receipt quantity, and so on.
3. It will will let you arrange automated Thank You emails to your clients – once more written by you, in your individual phrases, however customized for every buyer. You can use these emails to thank the shopper for his or her buy, inform them about your different choices and merchandise, give them your contact particulars in case of issues, and remind them of their receipt quantity and the way the cost will present on their billing assertion. These sorts of easy enhancement to communication can have great results by way of bettering relationships along with your clients and serving to to scale back refunds and charge-backs (many shoppers merely overlook what they bought for instance – so a reminder of this kind will help).
In abstract, taking good care of your ClickBank Thank You Pages could make fairly an enormous distinction to your ClickBank enterprise promoting eBooks or software program. Improving safety in your Thank You Pages and downloads, can scale back piracy, and improve gross sales. Moreover, taking good care of your legit clients, by providing customized Thank You Pages and thanks e mail messages, will help scale back refunds and charge-backs, and provide help to to construct relationships along with your clients permitting you to promote extra of your different merchandise.